Encore on Strings: Music Maestros Viola book 1
Mark Gibson, Keith Sharp, Natalie Sharp
Students are motivated by an engaging format that features fun characters throughout the series. Illustrations that include colour and humour complement music scores that are user friendly. Notation sizes have been carefully considered to suit the target age group.
Fiddle Zips are unique to Encore on Strings. These micro pieces are used to introduce new concepts and skills. The technical skills developed through the Fiddle Zips are used as essential building blocks throughout the series.
Each book comes with outstanding arrangements on CD. Students are motivated and energised by the diversity of styles that range from classical through to rock and reggae. They also develop an enhanced awareness of rhythm and pitch through exposure to high quality aural models. The inclusion of practice and performance speeds allows for a variety of learning stages.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE ENCORE ON STRINGS SERIES ARE:
- Fiddle Zips – small pieces that develop skills on a micro level
- Repertoire Pieces – solo performance pieces
- Ensembles – develop part-playing skills, group interaction and team awareness
- Finger Maps – confirm finger patterns and provide visual models
- Daily Warm-Ups – technical skill development
- Scales – included as an essential aspect of all instrumental learning
- Backing Tracks – provide an aural model featuring outstanding arrangements.